You know it’s a good idea to stay away from jargon, or what I like to call the “secret handshake” between insiders. Sadly, many people (many of them in high places) do not. My guest post at Advantis Communications is a reminder of why it’s a good idea to ditch the jargon.
Recent Blog Posts
- Clever LinkedIn – I clicked, did you?
- 12 tips for reducing email overload
- Friday fun, Mother’s Day edition
- Start your business already! Here’s some advice
- Fight for readability with five easy fixes
- Seven pet peeves about Twitter use
- Panelists agree: Social media changes everything
- Boring topic? 3 secrets to spin straw into gold
- Make your media pitch relevant
- Remembering Joan, 35 years on
CategoriesBlogging Books Communications Crohn's Customer service Dispatches from the dorm Dogs E-mail Event reviews Freelance writing General nonsense IABC IABC conference Life Life is short Marketing Networking Newsletters Punctuation Rants Social media Spam The independent life Wordnerdery Words Writing tips