You know it’s a good idea to stay away from jargon, or what I like to call the “secret handshake” between insiders. Sadly, many people (many of them in high places) do not. My guest post at Advantis Communications is a reminder of why it’s a good idea to ditch the jargon.
Recent Blog Posts
- 9 steps to readable writing
- Make the most of a summer slowdown
- Tech of the future still needs communications support
- The best of the Red Jacket Diaries so far in 2016
- Bottom line? Get to the bottom of numbers
- A seasoned writer can save your bacon
- Storytelling makes the Orlando shooting personal
- Cleanses or colons, it’s time to talk about tushes
- 6 ways writers can shine a spotlight on safety
- Is it time to put a stake in ‘stakeholder’?
Blogging Books Communications Customer service Dispatches from the dorm E-mail Event reviews Expressive writing Freelance writing Friday fun General nonsense IABC IABC conference Life Life is short Marketing Networking Newsletters Punctuation Readability Social media The independent life Wordplay Words Writing tips