You know it’s a good idea to stay away from jargon, or what I like to call the “secret handshake” between insiders. Sadly, many people (many of them in high places) do not. My guest post at Advantis Communications is a reminder of why it’s a good idea to ditch the jargon.
Recent Blog Posts
- Is it time to put a stake in ‘stakeholder’?
- Rhyme and rhythm: Musicians know how to write
- Sigh. Still reason to be cranky about jargon
- ‘Man-hours’? The hunt for inclusive language continues
- Undies and tushes and butts, oh my
- Good dog! 7 tips that apply to pets and people
- 3 ways to spark interest with expressive writing
- Find the heart of your story with these questions
- Show some love for neglected expressive words
- Another odd book title wins cheeky contest
Blogging Books Communications Customer service Dispatches from the dorm E-mail Event reviews Expressive writing Freelance writing Friday fun General nonsense IABC IABC conference Life Life is short Marketing Networking Newsletters Punctuation Readability Social media The independent life Wordplay Words Writing tips