You know it’s a good idea to stay away from jargon, or what I like to call the “secret handshake” between insiders. Sadly, many people (many of them in high places) do not. My guest post at Advantis Communications is a reminder of why it’s a good idea to ditch the jargon.
Recent Blog Posts
- Resist the initialization of the world (please)
- Is 2017 the year YOU make the leap?
- New misused words join the list to be banished
- The best of the Red Jacket Diaries in 2016
- In my Dec. newsletter: Let go of the stocking
- How to use hashtags (and why bother)
- 12 fun, quirky gifts for writers and readers
- Seasonal apostrophe abuse is in full swing
- Is Trump the new poster boy for plain language?
- 3D branding from the inside out
Blogging Books Communications Customer service Dispatches from the dorm E-mail Event reviews Expressive writing Freelance writing Friday fun General nonsense IABC IABC conference Life Life is short Marketing Networking Newsletters Punctuation Readability Social media The independent life Wordplay Words Writing tips