You know it’s a good idea to stay away from jargon, or what I like to call the “secret handshake” between insiders. Sadly, many people (many of them in high places) do not. My guest post at Advantis Communications is a reminder of why it’s a good idea to ditch the jargon.
Recent Blog Posts
- 12 fun, quirky gifts for writers and readers
- Seasonal apostrophe abuse is in full swing
- Is Trump the new poster boy for plain language?
- 3D branding from the inside out
- The ‘word casserole’ that is Trump’s speaking style
- Boost your small business with this secret weapon
- 8 ways to speed up your writing
- 7 steps to effective interviews in my October newsletter
- You still need a business card! Here are 9 reasons why
- How to block the three biggest crimes against plain language
Blogging Books Communications Customer service Dispatches from the dorm E-mail Event reviews Expressive writing Freelance writing Friday fun General nonsense IABC IABC conference Life Life is short Marketing Networking Newsletters Punctuation Readability Social media The independent life Wordplay Words Writing tips