You know it’s a good idea to stay away from jargon, or what I like to call the “secret handshake” between insiders. Sadly, many people (many of them in high places) do not. My guest post at Advantis Communications is a reminder of why it’s a good idea to ditch the jargon.
Recent Blog Posts
- Is it curtains for the ‘full stop’?
- How to harness the power of the inbox
- Lose the legalese to be understood
- ‘We’re making changes to our fees’
- Four steps to write a meaningful mission statement
- Peek vs. peak; is it so hard?
- Jargon and insider language? The Olympics have ‘em
- Abuse of ‘resonate’ weakens a strong word
- Friday Fun: Spam version
- 9 steps to readable writing
Blogging Books Communications Customer service Dispatches from the dorm E-mail Event reviews Expressive writing Freelance writing Friday fun General nonsense IABC IABC conference Life Life is short Marketing Networking Newsletters Punctuation Readability Social media The independent life Wordplay Words Writing tips