One of the enjoyable aspects to working in a home office (and there are many!) is the loyal dog snoozing at my feet. He makes sure I get some fresh air at noon so I get back to work with a clear head, and he’s just good company. Of course, there are times when he could be a little less noisy, although clients hearing him while we’re on the phone don’t seem to mind. In fact, some then confess to working in a home office too!
So here are some of the things we can learn from dogs, modified from a longer list making the rounds of the Internet (author unknown):
- Stretch before rising.
- Run, romp and play daily.
- Take long walks.
- On warm days, stop to lie down on the grass.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and rest under a shady tree.
- Eat with gusto.
- Be loyal.
- Never pass up the chance to go for a ride, and enjoy the wind in your face.
- Take naps. Relax every muscle.
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
What else do you learn from your dog?