From Encarta‘s top 10 business buzzwords:
- Delayering: A newer, more PC term for “rightsizing,” a.k.a. downsizing. Potato, potahto. It’s still a layoff.
- Narcissurfing: Googling yourself to see where, when and how often you show up on the Internet.
- Al desko: To save time, I often dine al desko, usually after five minutes of microwaiting. (In other words, I eat at my desk after heating up lunch in the microwave.)
From Word Spy, a web site “devoted to lexpionage, the sleuthing of new words and phrases” that have appeared multiple times in newspapers, magazines, books, web sites and other recorded sources:
- Lifestreaming: An online record of a person’s daily activities, either via direct video feed or aggregating the person’s online content such as blog posts, social network updates and online photos.
- Clickstream: The path taken through a web site or multiple sites.