Sometimes, individual months draaaag along (January, I’m looking at you), but suddenly June hurtles past and the year is halfway through. Heading into the July 1st / July 4th long weekend, here’s a half-dozen of my most-viewed blog posts so far this year:
- ‘How to take the leap to the independent life’ talks about what clients look for in a freelancer, how to build a client base and more things to know if you’re launching your own business.
- Running into the term ‘man-hours’ prompted a post about the hunt for inclusive language.
- People increasingly send urgent requests by email, even though experts tell us not to keep email open while we’re working. This post talks about why and how you might set expectations about that.
- Some helpful tips to get through the noise for those of us publishing on LinkedIn.
- A discussion with a fellow stickler for detail prompted a post covering caption DOs and DON’Ts.
- You don’t have to hire someone to slap you every time to turn to Facebook! This post shares five steps to be more productive that don’t involve slapping.
As always, thanks for reading!