Thank you to the people who took the time to read (and sometimes comment) on the Red Jacket Diaries this year! Here are the 10 most-viewed posts in 2014:
- Polar vortex and other frosty words were newly popular in a cold winter.
- How dictionaries decide to “let in” new words like binge-watch and adorbs.
- Thinking about hanging out your shingle? Start here includes lots of advice on starting your own business.
- Using good design and clear, simple writing are just two of the ways making your website accessible is good for SEO, too.
- A post that laments the sorry tendency of bloggers to label their posts epic, amazing, all-star, etc. while, um, using the same labels.
- Having fun with collective nouns, like a murmuration of starlings or a murder of crows.
- Tips to organize your work space to help you manage tasks, emails and more.
- My heartfelt plea to get screened for colon cancer.
- Sending an email newsletter? Here are a dozen don’ts.
- Links to great pricing resources for freelancers who struggle with what to charge.
Thanks for reading, and see you in 2015!
Image: Stuart Miles and FreeDigitalPhotos.net.
Top 10 most-viewed posts in 2013
Top 10 most-viewed posts in 2012