As summer comes to an end, I was digging around under the hood of the Red Jacket Diaries to find the most popular post over the season. Turns out it’s the collection of tips about pricing, follow-up and other areas of independent business from the June meeting of IABC’s Professional Independent Communicators.
While in there, of course I had to see what the top 10 posts are so far in 2013. They are:
- Here’s why you want to blog, about the value of having a blog (actually an all-time fave as well).
- Help your website seal the deal, with tips for helping customers buy from you (also an all-time fave).
- Ease up on the exclamations for better effect, about not! going! crazy! with! exclamations!
- Show your personality! Ask Google; people love it, about being human and real in your communications.
- Boring topic? 3 secrets to spin straw into gold with tips for writing about topics that may not seem sexy.
- Writing for the web? Plan on impatient readers, with advice from web usability expert Jakob Nielsen.
- It’s ironic; are IABC members being heard? I think that says it all.
- A newsletter for the ‘shoemaker’s’ daughter, about launching my newsletter. (Are you a subscriber yet?)
- Are you keeping in touch with clients?, on my embarrassing lapse in contact.
- Make your endorsements meaningful, about those casual LinkedIn ‘likes.’
Do you have a favourite?
Image: “Naypong” and FreeDigitalPhotos.net.