- Thinking about hanging out your shingle? Start here rounds up my best advice for starting your own business, from my perspective as a seasoned independent writer.
- Meeting new website accessibility guidelines will actually help your search results, as described in this recap of a session on the rules.
- Cancer is merciless. My heartfelt tale is in Life is short; get screened.
- I lament the tendency of some bloggers to label their posts as epic, amazing, all-star and so on when they are not, while using the same words.
- One of the most popular posts about writing discusses “a murder of crows” and other collective nouns.
- 4 quick ways to get your workspace organized summarizes tips from a professional organizer.
- Polar vortex and other frosty words match the cold winter.
- I have thoughts on email newsletters, as shown in a dozen don’ts.
- Crowdsourcing ideas for a Toronto shopping guide for the 2014 IABC conference helped produce the final you can download from this post.
- What “Tell me about yourself” really means and other career advice in this “Storified” recap of a session.
Thanks for reading!
Image: “Naypong” and FreeDigitalPhotos.net.